10 years as A STRATEGIC THINKER in the fashion industry
I offer global and local knowledge of the fashion industry, honed from living and working in Europe, South America and the US. I have extensive experience in all categories at an international level; from concept to positioning in the marketplace.
I work with brands to refine their strategy. Improvements can often be found in the details, rethinking costing, timelines, QC and sourcing partners.
In the bigger picture, I align design concepts with brand positioning to strengthen market presence. I am passionate about forming niche marketing strategies within the premium/luxury lifestyle market.
The evolving face of fashion interests me, and welcome the opportunity to play a part in its transformation into a more ethical, environmental, and humane industry. Fashion has the power to impact society for the greater good; I am interested in hearing from companies who have similar goals.
You can read more about my approach to the industry under Musings on www.takamadebyhand.com.
- Founder of Taka Footwear, ecological & ethical unisex line of handcrafted shoes.
- Design Director for luxury lifestyle brand The Field Outfitting.
- Designs awarded by GenArt for "Fresh Faces in Fashion - Accessory Design".
- Footwear collaborations with apparel brands for seasonal NY & Paris Fashion weeks.
- Collections reviewed in international publications such as Elle, Vogue, Harpers Baazar, Wallpaper Magazine and more.